Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pre Season Training

I had heard about the Fairmount loop around Council Crest in SW Portland, but it took me several months to try it out. It is now my new favorite place to roll in Portland.

The loop is 3.6 miles of immaculate blacktop. There are some ups and downs, but nothing too steep so you can let 'em rip even if you have no brakes. V2 all the way.

The loop seems to have been taken over by the human-powered: walkers, runners, bikers flock there on weekend mornings. Very little traffic. It almost feels like a loop in Central Park.

I've been up there the last two weekends, and I'm hooked. Time to get in shape for the season.

Here's a random log to keep track of rolling in the next few months.

10/25 - Fairmount - 10 laps - 2:54 - Fastest was 16:23 on lap 2; that was a mistake. Down to closer to 18:00 by the end.
10/19 - Fairmount - 7 laps - 2:11

No comments: